jueves, 4 de agosto de 2011

Development Day 23: Found a Way to get Funds!

I've been worried. My game is in the need of budget.
As I said on the previous post, I would no more than $700 to finish the game with no problems at all.
And as my rhymed title says, I've found a way to get the money I need...

Yes, KictakSrter is a platform for "donations" where people come up with their projects, talk about them and get funded by any amount of money that people want to give. It is pretty nice. A project of poster series got $100 pledged by two persons on it's first day! That's the 14% of the money I need.

But why did I put "donations" between hyphens? Because they're not donations!
I joined this community and decided to put up my first campaign, they were forcing me to give rewards to the donators!
What? What? But, those are donations! That is not a store or something!
Well, what can I say? I had no other option but to make up some rewards for the generous people that will help me fund this project.

These are the rewards that I will give away -.-


  • Pledge $1 or More and you will get a mention in the game credits.
  • Pledge $3 or More and you will get an iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad wallpapers, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $9 or More and you will get an activation code to receive the game for free on Steam for free when the game is finished, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $13 or More and you will get a voice commentary with me, talking about the development's story and some Q & A's, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $15 or More and you will get a suscription to the newsletters of the game. You''l know about the future updates of the game one week before the world.
  • Pledge $25 or More and you will get a copy of the Digital Soundtrack of the game, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $60 or More and you will get a 20x30 inch print of the main character, signed by me, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $100 or More and you will get a shirt of the main character, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $140 or More and you will get another 20x30 inch print with all characters, enemies, power-ups, worlds, etc. Also, signed by me; and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $160 or More and you will get a papercraft of the main character, and all things previously mentioned.
  • Pledge $190 or More and you will get a digital video documentary of the creation of the game, and all things previously mentioned.
So... Yeah... If you pledge $60 or more, you'll probably have to wait between a week and a month after the game is finished in order to receive your physical stuff. And if you pledge $190 or more, you'll have to wait two or three months, so the documentary gets fully finished.

And since getting some of the rewards cost me A LOT, I'll need to increase the amount of needed money from $700 to $1,500 :/

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario