viernes, 15 de julio de 2011

Development Day 3: Reinventing the Second Law of Motion

As some of you might already know, the Second Law of Motion is in a single word: "Gravity". And that's what I'll be talking about in this post.
But, I finished the god damn game's gravity on the third day!? I can clearly see that I'm lazy as heck...

But well, I began working on the issues that made me begin from zero the Ooni, and the issues that made me fail on some other stuff I would not like to talk about, the Gravity.
On the previous Alpha Version of Ooni, I was getting trouble with the mechanics of gravity, Ooni was getting stuck on walls, and you were able to basically float when you repeatedly pressed left or right.
So, before I began, I started thinking why this happened. The answer: Ooni's freaking silhouette!
That's right! Since this sprite is not similar on both sides, the sprite was usually getting stuck on walls.
So what I did, was to make what developers call (or at least me) a mask. The mask is a perfect rectangle that has all the gravity and movement mechanics.
And... Success! It worked! Here you can see 3 Pics of what I got!

Ooni Jumping:

 Ooni walking through the Room (Avoiding the Flai):

Ooni Jumping while turning left:

So that's what I got of gravity, it seems to work well, all I have to do for now is to patch Ooni's sprites to it's movement.

Uh... Thanks for reading? See you tomorrow?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario